Saul “Canelo” Álvarez is a Mexican professional boxer, often referred to as Canelo, one of the most prominent figures in professional boxing. Hailing from Mexico, a country with a rich boxing heritage, Canelo has carved out a legacy that resonates not just within the confines of his homeland but globally.
His prowess in the ring is underscored by his achievements, having secured multiple world championships across different weight classes. From light middleweight to light heavyweight, Canelo’s versatility and skill have seen him conquer divisions and opponents with a blend of power, technique, and strategic insight. In this article, we explore Canelo Alvarez’s Net Worth.
What is the net worth of Canelo Alvarez?
Saul “Canelo” Álvarez, with his illustrious career and strategic business moves, has amassed a significant fortune. As of 2023, his estimated net worth is a staggering $210 million, placing him among the wealthiest athletes globally.
|Canelo Álvarez Net Worth 2023||$210 million|
|Canelo Álvarez Net Worth 2022||$190 million|
|Canelo Álvarez Net Worth 2021||$170 million|
|Canelo Álvarez Net Worth 2020||$150 million|
Much of Canelo’s wealth comes from his earnings in significant fights. Here’s a breakdown of some of his notable purses:
- Sugar Shane Mosley: $1.2 million
- Josesito Lopez: $2 million
- Floyd Mayweather: $12 million
- Miguel Cotto: $5 million
- Amir Khan: $25 million
- Gennady Golovkin I: $40 million
- Gennady Golovkin II: $30 million
Canelo Álvarez Biography
Canelo Álvarez, born on July 18, 1990, in Guadalajara, Mexico, is a boxing sensation known for his extraordinary skills and versatility. Rising from humble beginnings, Álvarez turned professional at 15, quickly establishing himself as a force to be reckoned with in boxing.
Throughout his career, Canelo has claimed multiple world titles in various weight classes, solidifying his status as one of the sport’s most accomplished fighters. His relentless work ethic, exceptional defensive prowess, and devastating power punches have earned him a legion of devoted fans.
Álvarez’s rivalry with other boxing greats, including Floyd Mayweather and Gennady Golovkin, has produced some of the most memorable bouts in recent history. Beyond his boxing prowess, Canelo is known for his philanthropy, supporting charitable causes in Mexico.
Canelo Álvarez Quick Facts Table
|Date of Birth||18 July 1990|
|Place of birth||Guadalajara, Mexico|
|Profession||Mexican Professional Boxer|
|Siblings||Bryan Alvarez, Ana Elda Alvarez, Ramon Alvarez, Victor Alvarez, Gonzalo Alvarez, Ricardo Alvarez, Daniel Alvarez, Rigoberto Alvarez|
|Kids||Saul Adiel Alvarez, Mia Ener Alvarez, Maria Fernanda Álvarez, Emily Cinnamon Alvarez|
Canelo Álvarez Endorsements and Sponsorships
Canelo Álvarez, in addition to his boxing earnings, has secured lucrative endorsement deals, capitalising on his fame and marketability.
His global appeal and charismatic persona have made him a sought-after brand ambassador, with notable associations including:
- Everlast: Naturally aligned with boxing, Canelo often showcases Everlast gloves during his bouts, exposing the brand to a worldwide audience.
- Hennessy: Partnering with this premium cognac brand reflects Canelo’s sophistication and success, resonating with fans and consumers through campaigns celebrating his relentless spirit.
- Under Armour: This collaboration underscores Under Armour’s dedication to supporting excellence in sports, with Canelo embodying the brand’s commitment to peak performance.
Canelo Álvarez Legal and Contractual Issues
Canelo Álvarez’s career has seen its fair share of legal disputes. A notable case involved his $365 million deal with DAZN through Golden Boy Promotions, covering 11 fights over five years at around $35 million per bout. However, issues arose:
- Opponent Selection: Canelo believed he had the right to pick opponents, but Golden Boy’s separate agreement with DAZN allowed DAZN to approve or reject them.
- Payment Disagreements: Canelo rejected DAZN’s offer to fight Billy Joe Saunders for half his guaranteed $35 million, leading to payment disputes.
- Contractual Confusion: The lawsuit highlighted discrepancies between Canelo’s contract and the DAZN-Golden Boy agreement, with Canelo seeking clarity or release from his contract.
Canelo Álvarez Assets and Lifestyle
Canelo Álvarez’s success in the boxing ring has translated into a lavish lifestyle marked by opulent assets and a penchant for luxury. His acquisitions over the years reflect not just his financial success but also his tastes and preferences.
House in Guadalajara:
Canelo’s residence in Guadalajara is nothing short of palatial. Nestled in an upscale neighbourhood, the mansion boasts expansive grounds, multiple bedrooms, state-of-the-art amenities, and a design that marries modern aesthetics with traditional Mexican influences. The property also features a fully-equipped gym, allowing Canelo to train without leaving the comfort of his home. The luxurious setting has Lush gardens, a sprawling pool, and outdoor entertainment areas.
His impressive car collection shows Canelo’s love for speed and luxury. Some standout vehicles include:
- Bugatti Chiron: Valued at over $3 million, this hypercar is known for its unparalleled speed and luxury.
- Lamborghini Aventador: A symbol of Italian luxury, this supercar, worth around $400,000, is a testament to Canelo’s taste for high performance.
- Ferrari LaFerrari: With a price tag of over $1 million, this limited-edition hybrid supercar is a jewel in Canelo’s collection.
- Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG: This luxury SUV, priced at around $150,000, combines ruggedness with luxury.
- Ford Mustang Shelby GT500: A nod to American muscle cars, this vehicle, valued at approximately $70,000, showcases Canelo’s diverse automotive tastes.
Other Notable Assets:
- Yacht: Canelo’s love for the sea manifests in his luxury yacht ownership. Perfect for getaways and relaxation, the yacht has all modern amenities and offers a serene escape from the hustle and bustle.
- Private Jet: Canelo owns a private jet to cater to his travel needs. This allows him to travel comfortably and ensures he can maintain his training and professional commitments without any logistical hassles.
How much does Canelo make per fight?
Canelo’s earnings for his fight against Charlo just for this fight could be around 35-40 Million thanks to his three-fight deal with Premier Boxing Champions.
How much is Canelo Alvarez worth in 2023?
Alvarez was a heralded name coming out of the amateur Mexican boxing circuit. He has become one of the greatest boxers of all time. Canelo Alvarez’s net worth in 2023 sits at about $210 million.